Accepted January 15 - March 15th
Fiction and Poetry
$15 entry fee
Each winner will receive $500 and publication.
DEADLINE: March 15
- One winner in fiction and one in poetry each receive $500 and publication in Jabberwock Review.
- All finalists are considered for publication.
- All entrants receive a one-year (two-issue) subscription beginning with the prize-winning issue.
- Each fiction entry should consist of a single short story of any length—though please keep in mind that our entire journal runs 90-100 pages. (Novel excerpts may be submitted if they are self-contained.)
- Each poetry entry should consist of 1-3 poems. The winning entry may be for a single poem or group of poems.
- Entry Fee: $15, which includes a one-year (two-issue) subscription to Jabberwock Review. (If you enter more than once, your subscription will be extended—or else note in the comments section where you would like your additional subscription sent as a gift.)
- Entries will be read anonymously (blindly). For that reason, do not include any identifying information on the manuscript or file name.
- Entries with identifying information will be disqualified from the contest, but will still be considered for publication.
- All manuscripts uploaded by 11:59 p.m. on March 15 will be considered
- All manuscripts must be original and previously unpublished.
- Simultaneous submissions are welcome; if your work is accepted elsewhere, please withdraw it through the submissions manager.
- Current students or staff of Mississippi State University and previous winners of the prize are ineligible for the Editors’ Prize, though finalists are eligible.
Questions? Please drop us a line at email@example.com.