Submissions will be accepted from August 15 to October 1 and January 15 to March 15.
- We do not accept previously published material.
- We do not accept emailed submissions. Please use our Submission Manager to submit work using Submittable.
- Please submit no more than 1 story or essay or no more than 5 poems at a time.
- We do not have a word limit, but please keep in mind that the entire journal is only about 100 pages, so longer work must be truly exceptional.
- We ask that contributors please wait at least a year before resubmitting.
- Please double-space prose submissions.
- Poems of multiple pages should indicate whether or not stanza breaks accompany page breaks.
- Please do not send another submission until you have received a response on the first.
- We will try to respond in 3 months. If you have not heard from us in 5 months, feel free to contact us about the status of your submission.
- Rights revert to the author upon publication, but please acknowledge the Jabberwock Review in any future publications.
- Jabberwock Review welcomes all forms and styles of writing, from traditional to experimental.
- Students, faculty, staff, and administrators currently or formerly (within four years) affiliated with Mississippi State University are ineligible for consideration or publication.
Please submit electronically using Submittable. Due to publication costs, we do charge a small $3.00 submission fee.
If you need to withdraw a submission, please do that using Submittable as well.